Thursday 1 May 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful #R2BC - 06

Reasons To Be Cheerful (#R2BC) has been hosted by the wonderful Ojo at Ojo's World for the month of April. Now it is May it has been passed back to the lovely Becky at Lakes Single Mum; make sure you pop over and say hello to the both of them.

POTTY TRAINING
The last couple of days have seen my youngest instigate potty training. After months of encouraging him and trying him in pants once a week or two with no real success and almost constant accidents I decided to call a halt to it. The next week, as if a switch was turned on, he just 'got it' and has started learning to use the potty/toilet (this is still early days though, *knock on wood* all goes smoothly for him). My eldest has been fantastic in encouraging him too; each time he does a wee on the potty/toilet she bursts into praise and applause, telling him how proud she is and how clever he is. It's really helping him :)

RE-DECORATING
We moved house almost a year ago and hadn't done very much, if any, decorating since. That all changed this week when I made a start on re-painting the entire house (I'm aiming to get it done by the Summer!); I began with our youngest's room. He chose a nice apple white paint. It looks really fresh and bright, a definite improvement on the marked and mucky magnolia that he had previously. I'm planning on buying new furnishings for his, and his Sister's room too, once I've painted the both of them. It's all very exciting, I love decorating and the kids are looking forward to enjoying their new rooms once they are complete.

GROWING OUR OWN
This is our third year of growing our own veg. Each year we've branched out a little and increased the amount of seeds we sow and vegetables and plants we grow. This year we are growing peppers (chilli's, bells & barancios), sunflowers, phlox, miniature marigolds and garlic (from kitchen scraps..more on how to do that soon!). We're also awaiting a tomato plant from my Mum & Dad's garden, it's become kind of 'a thing' that they grow an extra one for the kids to plant and care for. My two have had lots of fun sowing their seeds, caring for them and watching them grow. Fingers crossed we get some lovely flowers in time for the Summer and lots of tasty produce to cook and enjoy.




8 comments:

  1. I can relate to all of these!! Potty training: bloody nightmare, because of his additional needs, my little one was almost 6! Redecoration: In the middle of completely overhauling my living room, including putting in new doors and frames.
    As for growing your own, you commented on mine, so you know this is fairly new to me. I am intrigued about the garlic one, can't wait to read xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest has been a bit of a nightmare too, to be honest. Complete opposite to my eldest! Good luck with all your decoration and growing plans xx

      Delete
  2. well done on the potty breakthrough! what a good big sister to be a cheerleader
    good luck on redecorating - being in rented I am stuck with magnolia :-(
    jealous on grow your own I am useless in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm rather useless but I'm learning. I was the girl who used to kill cactus by not watering them enough *the shame* but I'm getting there lol.
      We're renting too but have managed to negotiate with our Landlady to repaint in light and neutral colours..as long as all is returned to magnolia if and when we move out x

      Delete
  3. Potty training takes so much patience doesn't it? We're also growing our own, my son has planted, parsley, rocket & we have tomato plants! Have a great week #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, I think it's just as hard work for us as Parents as it is for the kids! He's doing really well though, I'm so proud of him :)
      Brilliant! Good luck with all of your growing x

      Delete
  4. Wow, good luck with all that decorating.... not long until the summer! lol Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, not long at all!! The majority of it is just freshening up with 1 coat of magnolia thankfully. Hopefully I get it all done in time! x

      Delete